Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
Governors Teaching Fellowship Program
Phone: (866) 824-7335 or Email: Teacheremail@example.com
$20,000 to help pay living and educational expenses. Designed to prepare teachers to teach in low performing schools.
- Bachelors degree from accredited college or university
- Verified academic and employment record
- Proof of admission to and/or enrollment in a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) accredited teacher education (non-intern) program.
- Enrolled full time
- Letters of recommendation and faculty/employer evaluations.
- Interviews with program administrators
- Commitment to teach in a low performing school
For more info. to to Curriculum and Assessment, Associate Dean's office KH D2010.
Federal Perkins Loan
Low interest loans at 5% made through participating colleges for students with exceptional financial need. The annual loan limit is $6,000 for graduate students (aggregate loan limit, $40,000). Youll pay no interest while youre enrolled in school at least half time, and repayment begins nine months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time status. Eligibility based on financial need.
Teachers For Tomorrow Scholarship Program
Edison International shareholders provide twenty-five $5,000 scholarships to CSU students seeking teaching credentials at eligible southern CA campuses.
- Must attend a participating CSU campus.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time CSU student in a teacher preparation program (single, multiple or special ed. credential).
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative undergraduate minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by financial aid office.
- One applicant per campus must identify math or science as an area of concentration.
- Dependents of Edison International employees are not eligible.
For more information, go to the CCOE Associate Dean's office, KH D2070