The program's introduction to English in international contexts and World Englishes gave me a solid foundation to prepare for and adapt to teaching in the Middle East.
- In addition to university requirements for admission to graduate study, the MA in TESOL Program requires that applicants (a) have a 2.75 grade point average for the last 90 quarter units attempted, (b) have completed the Cal State LA course TESOL 4000 (Linguistics in Education or ENGL 4101 (English Literature in America) or an equivalent Introduction to Linguistics course.
- Non-native speakers of English (regardless of citizenship) who have not been in an undergraduate program in English must obtain a score of 100 on the TOEFL IBT or 7.5 on the IELTS. If your TOEFL score is below 100 or 7.5, consider taking some of the courses offered at the English Language Program at CSULA. For information in these courses, please go to the English Language Program website.
- If accepted, submit application to the Charter College of Education and the Division of Applied and Advanced Studies in Education (Download the form from Charter College of Education website).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from university faculty or professional references, and secure approved program from advisor.
- Students can be admitted on a conditional basis.
- For information on deadlines to apply, go to the MA in TESOL Program Deadlines website.
Download here a PDF of the MA in TESOL Program List of Courses Offered.