California Children's Services
CCS is a statewide program that medically treats children with certain disease or health problem.
CCS pays for specific medical services or equipment if approved by specialists. In some cases, parents are responsible for partial cost.
What does CCS offer?
- Treatment related to the disease (doctor services, hospital, surgery, physical therapy, occupational therapy, X-rays, orthopedic appliances, etc)
- Medical consultation
- Medical Therapy Program
Who qualifies for CCS?
- Child under 21 years old
- Medical condition that is covered by CCS
- Resident of California with family income of less than $40,000, spending medical fees over 20% of house income, or children who are enrolled in Healthy Family program.
What medical conditions does CCS cover?
- Heart conditions
- Disorders of the blood
- Endocrine, nutritional, and metabolic disease
- Disorders of the genito-urinary system
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system
- Serious birth defects
- Disorders of the sense organs
- Disorders of the nervous system
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
- Severe disorders of the immune system
- Complications of premature birth which require an intensive level of care
Contact CCS for more information:
CCS County offices
• LA: 1-800-299-4584
• OC: 1-714-347-0300