FALL 2008 SURVEY RESULTS AND REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks to those of you who filled out the Fall 2008 survey.Â It appears that many of our courses for Fall 2008 will reach capacity.Â To be sure you will get a seat in the class you have chosen, you should do and know the following:
- Graduate classes will be limited to 20 students.
- First Come First Served Â– Register early (Payment Required)
- Decisions to add an extra section will not be made at the first class meeting (even if 100 people try to add!) There are a couple of 500 courses that might not be able to accommodate all the requests received.Â Early Registration is important!
- CS 580 Â– Prerequisite (for Fall 2008 only):Â Networking background such as 447, 470, 480, 481, 581, 594 (WÂ’08).Â If you do not have these courses, please check with the Graduate Advisor to show networking from a previous degree transcript.
- Prerequisite courses come first (applies to conditionally classified students)
- Chose 4xx/5xx courses:
- Must have completed the pre-requisite for the course you are registering or gain waiver for the pre-requisite course from the course instructor or the graduate advisor.
- Pay the fees
- Attain permit from the Department (Permit will expire in 2 days)
- Register for the course
3.Â Â Â CS 332F and CS 332L will both be offered in Fall 2008.Â If these are your prerequisites, you should take them now.