Current TVF BA, MA and MFA students,
The scholarship application is on-line through the program Academic Works.
Visit the Cal State LA Scholarship page at
There are six scholarships (all listed in the database) that support TVF and MFA majors:
- Morris and Rose Mary Bloom Scholarship: for TVF major with a 2.7 or higher GPA. Advanced production standing. Demonstrated in film or video production. Eligible recipients must have completed a Cal State LA scholarship application.
- Steve Guerrero Endowed Memorial Scholarship: for TVF majors with 3.0 or higher GPA. Preference given to student demonstrating independent study, internships or community service.
- Brad Pye, Jr. Scholarship: preference recipient should be junior standing with 3.0 or higher GPA with a Journalism Option; full-time, 3.0 GPA for preceding 24 units.
- Paul T. Scott Award in Journalism: for full-time student majoring or taking courses in Journalism with a 3.0 or higher GPA. Since Professor Scott believed a journalist needs a broad background in history, literature and/or the arts, preference should be given to a student strong in one or more of these areas.
- Emeriti Fellowship (CSULA Emeriti Association): CSULA full time graduate student working towards a Master’s Degree in any major. Requires 3.5 or higher GPA; completion of at least one 500-level course; evidence of University and/or Community Service.
- Mary Gormly Fellowship (CSULA Emeriti Association): Cal State LA full time graduate student working towards an M.A. or M.S. Degree with courses or research projects devoted preferably to areas of interest or concern to native peoples of the Americas. Subject fields may include, but are not limited to Anthropology, Art, Economics, History, Mexican American Studies, Latin American Studies, Political Science or Sociology. Requires 3.5 or higher GPA; completion of at least one 500-level course; evidence of University and/or Community Service.