*If you are a Returning Transfer student, please follow the steps indicated in the New Transfer Admits webpage.
After you receive an official offer of readmission, please follow these important steps to ensure a smooth transition to Cal State LA (click on each section to see more information):
(1) Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit
- For Fall admission, the deposit is due by May 1st.
- For Spring admission, the deposit is due by November 1st.
Be Aware: Students are offered admission to a specific major. Once you enroll at Cal State LA, changes of major are limited based on both the admission requirements of the major and Cal State LA's Timely Graduation policy. If you accept the offer of admission, you are indicating that you plan to pursue the major as stated in the admission offer.
(2) Satisfy the Terms of your Readmission Offer
If you are returning to Cal State LA after disqualification, please make sure you are on track to meet the terms of your readmission as outlined in the readmission petition from your academic department. Failure to do so may affect your subsequent continued enrollment at the University.
(3) Review your Transfer Credit in GET (if applicable)
(4) For international students: Apply for your I-20 or SEVIS Transfer
Applicants holding, or applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa must complete and submit the online New Student I-20 Verification Form with signatures and appropriate documentation to show proof of funding. If you are interested in attending Cal State LA, please do not wait for your admission decision before submitting these documents.
If you are currently studying in the US, and please request to transfer your SEVIS to Cal State LA by completing and submitting the Transfer to Cal State LA Form. Please do not transfer the SEVIS until you receive the offer of admission, and you know that you plan to attend the University for the admit term.
For other important information, including the deadline for the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, please contact the International Programs Office at (323) 343-3170, email@example.com, or visit the International Programs webpage.
(5) Apply for Housing
Living on campus offers numerous opportunities for students to build lifelong friendships, develop as leaders and achieve academic success. We offer apartment-style residence halls that are a short walk to class, the University-Student Union and various campus resources. To learn more, visit the Housing and Residence Life webpage. (Be aware: Before you apply for Housing, you must first submit your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD).)
(6) Review the Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid options
To assist with these costs, financial aid is available to eligible students. If you have not already done so, please submit the FAFSA (or the CA Dream Act) application. The priority application deadline is March 2nd of the current year, for the following academic year. For more information, please visit the Financial Aid webpage. If you are a CA Dream Act applicant, please also submit the CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption for Eligible High School Graduates (AB-540) form, with supporting documentation, to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
(7) Attend Golden Eagle Orientation
New and returning undergraduate students are required to attend Golden Eagle Orientation to learn more about the university, and receive academic advisement and assistance with class registration. Additional information will be sent beginning in April for Fall admission, and in November for Spring admission, to students who have accepted the offer of admission. For more information, visit the Golden Eagle Orientation webpage.
(8) Attend an Advisement and Registration Session
In addition to remote orientation, students who accepted the offer of admission will also receive information about attending an Advisement and Registration session. At the session, you will receive academic advisement about classes and help with class registration. Please expect to hear from an academic advisor beginning in mid-June for Fall admission, and in November for Spring admission.
(9) Review your GET To Do List and Stay Connected
- The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will send communications to the "preferred" email address as indicated in your GET Student Center. You may update your contact information in GET.
- The Center for Student Financial Aid and other campus offices will send messages to your Cal State LA email address so it is important that you also regularly check your campus email mailbox.
- Please remember to regularly check your email and GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List. Once in the To Do list, click on the "To Do Item" name for more details, including the name of the specific school for a required transcript.
- For instructions on how to login to GET, visit the GET webpage.
(10) Activate your myCalStateLA ID & 2-Step Verification
After you accept our offer of admission, please activate your myCalStateLA ID and then sign up for 2-Step Verification. This is different from your GET login information. Once you have your myCalStateLA ID and password, you may begin to use your myCalStateLA portal and campus email.
Be aware: The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will continue to send communications to the "preferred" email address indicated in your GET Student Center, which may not be your Cal State LA email address. However, other Cal State LA offices will send messages to your campus email address. If your preferred email is not your Cal State LA email, please regularly check both your preferred and campus email mailboxes.
(11) Request use of a Preferred First Name (if applicable)
Cal State LA recognizes that some students may wish to use a Preferred First Name, other than their legal name, to identify themselves. The University acknowledges that a Preferred First Name can, and should be, used where possible in the course of university business and education. Information for students requesting a preferred first name is available on the University Registrar website. Please take a moment to review this webpage, and see if using a Preferred First Name is right for you.