Returning Admits

*If you are a Returning Transfer student, please follow the steps indicated in the New Transfer Admits webpage.

After you receive an official offer of readmission, please follow these important steps to ensure a smooth transition to Cal State LA (click on each section to see more information):

(1)  Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit by May 1st

Once you have made the decision to reenroll at Cal State LA for your readmission term, you must reserve your seat in the incoming class by submitting your $100 (USD) Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD). For Fall admission, the deposit is due by May 1st. For more information, visit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit webpage.


Be Aware: Students are offered admission to a specific major. Once you enroll at Cal State LA, changes of major are limited based on both the admission requirements of the major and Cal State LA's Timely Graduation policy. If you accept the offer of admission, you are indicating that you plan to pursue the major as stated in the admission offer.


(2)  Satisfy the Terms of your Readmission Offer

If you are returning to Cal State LA after disqualification, please make sure you are on track to meet the terms of your readmission as outlined in the reinstatement petition from your academic department. Failure to do so may affect your subsequent continued enrollment at the University.

(3)  Review your Transfer Credit in GET (if applicable)

If you completed transferable coursework from other colleges, please login to your GET Self-Service Student Center to view your Transfer Credit evaluation.
If any transfer credit is missing, please resubmit an official, final transcript from that institution to the Admissions Office. If you took courses via Cal State LA Open University, you do NOT need to send us a Cal State LA transcript.
To ensure timely transfer credit processing, please submit an official transcript for the missing transfer coursework within 30 days of admission notification. For more information about official academic records, and how to submit them, visit the Submitting Documents webpage.

(4)  For international students:  Apply for your I-20 or SEVIS Transfer

Applicants holding, or applying for a F-1 or J-1 visa must complete and submit the online New Student I-20 Verification Form with signatures and appropriate documentation to show proof of funding. The I-20 verification form can be accessed only after you create an online account for the PaGE Online Portal.

If you are interested in attending Cal State LA, please do not wait for your admission decision before submitting these documents. The advance submission of the verification form, and financial documentation, will help expedite the issuance of the I-20; if your I-20 paperwork is complete, the International Programs Office can issue the I-20 immediately after your admission to the University.

If you are currently studying in the US, and please request to transfer your SEVIS to Cal State LA by completing and submitting the Transfer to Cal State LA Form. Please do not transfer the SEVIS until you receive the offer of admission, and you know that you plan to attend the University for the admit term. 

For other important information, including the deadline for the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, please contact the International Programs Office at (323) 343-3170,, or visit the International Programs webpage.

(5)  Apply for Housing

Living on campus offers numerous opportunities for students to build lifelong friendships, develop as leaders and achieve academic success. We offer apartment-style residence halls that are a short walk to class, the University-Student Union and various campus resources. To learn more, visit the Housing and Residence Life webpage. (Be aware: Before you apply for Housing, you must first submit your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD).)

(6)  Review the Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid options

The average student expenses will vary from student to student, depending on his/her living arrangements and individual needs. For the estimated cost of attendance at Cal State LA, visit the Cost of Attendance webpage, and select the appropriate academic year.

To assist with these costs, financial aid is available to eligible students. If you have not already done so, please submit the FAFSA (or the CA Dream Act) application.  The priority application deadline is March 2nd of the current year, for the following academic year. For more information, please visit the Financial Aid webpage. If you are a CA Dream Act applicant, please also submit the CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption for Eligible High School Graduates (AB-540) form, with supporting documentation, to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.

(7)  Attend Golden Eagle Orientation during the Summer

New and returning undergraduate students are required to attend Golden Eagle Orientation to learn more about the university, and receive academic advisement and assistance with class registration. Additional information will be sent beginning in May to students who have accepted the offer of admission. For more information, visit the Golden Eagle Orientation webpage.

(8)  Review your GET To Do List and Stay Connected

The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will send communications to the "preferred" email address as indicated in your GET Student Center. Please remember to regularly check your email and GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List. Once in the To Do list, click on the "To Do Item" name for more details, including the name of the specific school for a required transcript. You may also update your contact information in GET. For instructions on how to login to GET, visit the GET webpage.

(9)  Activate your myCalStateLA ID

If you haven’t yet done so, please active your myCalStateLA ID. This is different from your GET login information. You will need your myCalStateLA ID username and password to access the myCalStateLA portal and campus email. 

(10)  Request use of a Preferred First Name (if applicable)

Cal State LA recognizes that some students may wish to use a Preferred First Name, other than their legal name, to identify themselves. The University acknowledges that a Preferred First Name can, and should be, used where possible in the course of university business and education. Information for students about requesting a preferred first name is found on the University Registrar website. Please take a moment to review this webpage, and see if using a Preferred First Name is right for you.

Be aware that failure to satisfy all admission and enrollment requirements and deadlines will result in the withdrawal of the offer of admission or prevent you from enrolling in the University for the admitted term. Students who do not successfully enroll in the term of admission must reapply for future admission consideration, and meet the requirements that are in effect at that time.