Submitting Documents

students in lecture

Requested documents must be received by the specified deadline.
Additional document deadline information will be emailed to you after you submit the University admission application.

Official Transcripts/Academic Records

Be aware: If you are a current (or former) Cal State LA student, the Cal State LA transcript does not need to be submitted to the Admissions Office.

Academic transcripts/academic records must be current and include an applicant’s full academic record of all courses taken, grades received, honors received, and degrees conferred. An official transcript is prepared and sent to Cal State LA by the issuing educational institution. If submitting paper/hard copies of official transcripts, the document should be printed on the issuing institution’s official paper/letterhead and sealed by the institution in an envelope. All submitted documents become University property, and will not be released back to you.

Opened transcripts will be considered unofficial, and will not be used to complete an applicant’s admissions file.

The University does not accept documents/academic records for admissions related purposes via fax or email. Documents received via fax or email may be destroyed without review.

Electronic Transcripts

Cal State LA is accepting electronic transcripts from the following institutions:

  • Allan Hancock College
  • American River College
  • Antelope Valley College
  • Bakersfield College
  • Berkeley College
  • Butte College
  • Cerritos College
  • Cerro Coso College
  • Chabot College
  • Chaffey College
  • Citrus College
  • Clovis College
  • College of Alameda
  • College of the Canyons
  • College of the Sequoias  
  • Contra Costa College
  • Cosumnes River College
  • Crafton Hills College
  • Cuesta College
  • Cypress College
  • De Anza College
  • Diablo Valley College
  • East Los Angeles College
  • Evergreen Valley College
  • Folsom Lake College
  • Foothill College
  • Fresno City College
  • Fullerton College
  • Gavilan College
  • Glendale College
  • Hartnell College
  • Laney College
  • LA City College
  • LA Harbor College
  • LA Mission College
  • LA Southwest College
  • LA Trade-Technical College
  • LA Valley College
  • Lake Tahoe College
  • Las Positas College
  • Lassen College
  • Los Medanos College
  • Mendocino College
  • Merritt College
  • MiraCosta College
  • Monterey Peninsula College
  • Moorpark College
  • Mt. San Antonio College
  • Oxnard College
  • Palomar College
  • Pierce College
  • Porterville College
  • Reedley College
  • Sacramento City College
  • San Jose City College
  • Santa Ana College
  • Santa Barbara City College
  • Santa Rosa College
  • Santiago Canyon College
  • Southwestern College
  • Ventura College
  • West LA College
  • Any high school and college/university that partners with and/or to send electronic transcripts

If you have attended any of the above institutions, please request for your official transcript to be sent electronically to the Cal State LA Admissions Office. If a school/college/university is not listed, please plan to submit paper/hard copy of official transcript(s) directly to the University, or request for your school to send an electronic transcript directly to

International Academic Records

The University does not accept documents/academic records for admissions related purposes via fax or email. Documents received via fax or email may be destroyed without review.

We understand that certain countries only issue one original academic record and/or degree certificate to a student. If you are in this situation, please do not submit your original records to the University because they will not be returned to you. We will accept copies for the initial review, but you will be required to present the original documents after admission, prior to enrollment. If your educational institution does issue multiple copies of academic records to students, please plan to submit official, original copies to the University. No exceptions will be made. 


Original international academic records/transcripts that have been opened and submitted by an applicant for admissions are no longer considered official. These records may be used for evaluation purposes, but you must also request that official transcripts (with the grading scale) from each school, college and/or university you have attended, to be sent directly to the Cal State LA Office of Admissions & Recruitment. If your institution does not issue records in English, certified English mirror/direct, word-for-word translations (not interpretations) must be submitted with the documents. To find a certified translator, visit, or go directly to the ATA search directory. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS VIA FAX OR EMAIL. All submitted documents become University property, and will not be released back to you.

If you will be mailing the foreign/non-US academic records directly to Cal State LA in one parcel/package via post or courier post, please include a coversheet with your mailed packet. The coversheet must indicate your first name, last name, Cal State LA ID number (CIN), application term, and the specific academic program that you applied. Mailed transcripts must remain sealed in an envelope by the issuing institution.
GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS:   See the next section for information regarding your academic records and Foreign Credential Evaluation Reports.


If you are offered admission and have been asked to present your original academic records to the Admissions Office, please click here to schedule an appointment. The meeting should not take longer than 30 minutes. After booking your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the virtual video conference meeting. To help prepare for the appointment, we also ask that you upload your final academic documents at least 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment time. 

International Graduate Applicants - Foreign Credential Evaluation Reports

[This document requirement is temporarily SUSPENDED for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 admission.

International applicants (those requiring a F/J visa to study in the US) to a graduate/postbaccalaureate program with non-US academic records/transcripts are required to submit their international records (with the institutions grading scale), and ATA certified English translation(s), to one of the following Foreign Credential Evaluation agencies for initial academic evaluation:

After applying to Cal State LA, visit IERF or WES and create an online application requesting the "Course-by-Course, Detailed Report” to be submitted to the CSU Los Angeles-Graduate Studies. For steps on how to submit your foreign academic records to these agencies, click here. Please select the correct report type; incorrect report types may lead to missed deadlines and the withdrawal of your admission application.

We do not accept foreign credential evaluation reports from other agencies. Reports must be sent directly from IERF or WES to the Cal State LA Admissions Office.

SAT and ACT Test Scores

You must request for your SAT or ACT test scores to be sent to Cal State LA. You can order your scores online from the respective testing agencies at:

The College Board SAT

  • If you are only applying to Cal State LA, use the Cal State LA Code of 4399.
  • If you are also applying to other California State University (CSU) campuses, use the CSU Code of 3594 – this will allow any CSU campus to retrieve your score.

ACT Records - Cal State LA Code of 0320

English Language Proficiency Exam Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE)

TOEFL Test - Cal State LA Code 4399
Tests must be taken within the last two years. After two years, TOEFL scores are no longer valid.

Send official PAPER (hard copy) scores to California State University, Los Angeles. Test Report Forms are valid for a recommended period of two years.

Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
Send scores to California State University, Los Angeles. Your score report is valid and will be available online for two years.

Where to send/submit academic documents for Admissions

By mail:
For undergraduate applicants-
Cal State LA Admissions Office
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90032
United States of America
For graduate applicants-
Cal State LA Admissions Office
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90032
United States of America
Student Services Center-Admissions Office

Student Affairs Building, Room 101
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90032

Short-term metered parking is available near the Student Affairs/Administration Buildings. For more parking information, visit the Visitor Parking webpage.

Or electronically, directly from pre-approved educational institutions and testing agencies.

The University does not accept documents/academic records for admissions related purposes via fax or email. Documents received via fax or email may be destroyed without review.

All academic records submitted to Cal State LA become University property and will not be released, or copied, except for situations in which Cal State LA redirects an application to another CSU campus due to non-accommodation.