Welcome to the College of Arts & Letters Academic Advisement Center homepage. Our Center provides academic advising to current Cal State LA undergraduate students who are majoring, minoring, or are pursuing a certificate program in the College of Arts & Letters. Our advisors also meet with Cal State LA undergraduate students who are interested in declaring or exploring a program in the College.
Our mission is to provide professional advising services that include degree planning, graduation checks, class schedule confirmation, major and minor declaration, addressing academic concerns, answering questions about university policies and procedures, and directing students to university resources.
Our vision is to motivate and sustain the academic goals of all students in the College of Arts and Letters by creating an accepting and inclusive advising experience.
Virtual Operating Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all staff at the Arts and Letters Advisement Center have transitioned to non-face-to-face advising (i.e. Zoom, email) until further notice. Arts and Letters Golden Eagles, we are here to support you! Please reach out to us if you have any advising-related questions or concerns.
- The Arts and Letters Advisement Center will be be closed on Monday, May 31 in observance of Memorial Day.
- The best way to contact us, for now, is by email: ALadvise@calstatela.edu
Appointment Scheduling Steps
- Click here.
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click the blue "Get Assistance" icon
- Select type of appointment - Advising
- Select service category - Under Academic Advising
- Select a date
- Click the blue "Find Available Time" icon
- Select desired appointment time in College of Arts and Letters
- All advising appointments will take place via Zoom until further notice. In-person appointments are currently unavailable.
- After an appointment is scheduled, a Zoom link that will be used for the virtual appointment will be sent to the student's Cal State LA email address.
- Students may schedule a maximum of two 30-minute appointments per term.
- Advising appointments are available for students who are pursuing or are interested in pursuing a major, minor, or certificate program in the College of Arts and Letters. Students who would like to request advising for a program outside of the College of Arts and Letters should schedule an appointment with the corresponding advisement office.
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule a 30-minute advising appointment by clicking on the Student Success Collaborative icon below, or by clicking here.
Virtual Drop-in Hours
|2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|9:00 am - 11:00 am|
|2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|9:00 am - 11:00 am; 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
- 15-minute drop-in advising sessions are available to Cal State LA students via the Zoom Virtual Front Desk.
- Students requesting a class schedule check must have a schedule loaded in the GET Shopping Cart prior to meeting with an advisor.
- Drop-ins are available for: Fall 2020 class schedule assistance, Spring 2021 class schedule checks, major and minor changes within the College of Arts and Letters, and certain deadline-specific matters.
- Students should not rely solely on drop-ins for advising. Drop-ins are meant to resolve quick matters. It is recommended that students schedule a 30-minute session at least once per academic year.
- Please check the weekly drop-in schedule below for availability. The schedule is updated regularly.
- Students can use the link or phone number below to access the Zoom Virtual Front Desk. Students will be admitted one by one and placed with an academic advisor, if appropriate.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Please visit the University Scheduling Office's website to view important dates and deadlines for the Fall 2020 semester.
Send quick questions and inquiries to: ALadvise@calstatela.edu