Adding the new Cal State LA signature to your email (Microsoft Outlook)
To save the Cal State LA signature template on your computer:
- Launch a web browser and visit the New Brand Template page of the Cal State LA Brand website.
- Right-click the Email Signature link, and then click Save link as or Save target as on the shortcut menu.
- In the Save As dialog box, navigate to your Signatures folder. To do this, click in a blank area in the Address bar, type C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures, replace username in the path with your myCalStateLA Identity username, and then press the Enter key.
- Click the Save button.
To personalize and use the Cal State LA signature:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- Click the File tab on the Ribbon.
- Click Options in the left pane of the Backstage view.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left pane, and then click the Signatures button in the right pane.
- In the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, in the Select signature to edit section, select university_signature.
- In the Edit signature section, replace the placeholder text (name, title, department, and phone number) with your information. Your name should be entered in all uppercase letters, and the font should be Arial, 10 points, bold.
- Click the Save button below the Select signature to edit section to save the changes.
- In the Choose default signature section, select your default signature.
- To automatically insert your Cal State LA signature in all new messages, click the New messages arrow and select university_signature from the list.
- To automatically insert your Cal State LA signature in all messages you reply to or forward, click the Replies/forwards arrow and select university_signature from the list.
- When you are finished, click the OK button in the Signatures and Stationery dialog box.
- Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.