Active Learning Workshop
Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM, Wednesday, December 18, 2019
CETL’s popular Active Learning Workshop, normally a two-day program, will be offered this winter in a one day, action packed 7-hour session. Faculty interested in this workshop must be able to attend the entire full day session from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. This includes a break with a provided lunch.
Active learning strategies foster highly interactive classroom sessions featuring small groups of students working collaboratively while deemphasizing classroom lecture. Are you looking for ways to engage your students? Learn how to maximize your class sessions with active learning.
The full day workshop offers participants the experience of actively learning about active learning in two newly designed and innovative classroom environments.
Workshop topics include:
- Inspiration on a variety of active learning activities
- Tips for successful active learning activity planning
- Participation in various small student group activities
- Introduction to high and low-tech active learning tools
Many of these activities are easily implemented in almost any classroom (high- or low-tech). Faculty need not have extensive knowledge or experience using educational technology or active learning to apply. Participants should have basic experience using technology in a standard TEC classroom at Cal State LA (PC and projector or doc cam).
We will be using technology in the second half of the session, therefore Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) such as a laptop, tablet, or smartphone (& chargers).
Upon successful completion of the FULL workshop, participants will receive priority consideration for scheduling courses in one of the new T-FLeC-spaces at Cal State LA.
There are a limited number of seats in this workshop. Participants must be able to attend the FULL workshop.
Application Process and Timeline
- Fill out the online application by 11:59 PM, Wednesday, December 18th, 2019
- Selected participants will be notified by Thursday, January 2nd, 2020.
- If selected, confirm your intention to attend by Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.
Email CETL with questions at email@example.com