Recently published or submitted:
"Implementation of a Genetically Tuned Neural Platform in Optimizing Fluorescence from Receptor-Ligand Binding Interactions on Microchips," Alvarado, J.; Hanrahan, G.; Nguyen, H. T. H.; Gomez, F. A. Electrophoresis, 2012, 33, 2711-2717.
- "The Future of Microfluidic Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostic Devices," Gomez, F. A. Bioanalysis, 2013, 5, 1-3.
"Application of Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy for Adsorption Studies of Different Types of Components on Poly(dimethylsiloxane)", Gaspar, A.; Gomez, F. A. Anal. Chim. Acta, 2013, 777, 72-77.
- "Use of Surface Plasmon Resonance to Study the Adsorption of Detergents on Poly(dimethysiloxane) Surfaces", Gaspar, A.; Kecskemeti, A.; Gomez, F. A. Electrophoresis, 2013, 34, 1249-1252.
- Microchip Capillary Electrophoresis to Study the Binding of Ligands to Teicoplanin Derivatized on Magnetic Beads. Riveros, T. A.; Lo, R.; Salgado, M.; Carmona, H.; Gomez, F. A. In Capillary Electrophoresis and Microchip Capillary Electrophoresis, Garcia, C. D. and Carrilho, E., Eds. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013, pp. 359-366.
Upcoming/Recent talks and presentations:
- Detection of Antibiotics Using ssDNA Immobilized on Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes Modified with Sb Nanoparticles. Ohan, J.; Carrilho, E.; Silva, T. A.; Gomez, F. A. 25th Annual CSUPERB Symposium, Anaheim, CA, January, 2013.
- Development of Microfluidic-Based Assays for the Detection of the Bone Turnover Marker Osteocalcin. Carmona, H.; Valadez, H.; Yun, Y.; Collins, B.; Gomez, F. A. 25th Annual CSUPERB Symposium, Anaheim, CA, January, 2013.
- Science and Education. Carmona, H.; Lopez, E.; Melendez-Cetino, J.; Gomez, F. A. Upward Bound, CSULA, CA, February, 2013.
Detection of Antibiotics Using HS-ssDNA Immobilized on swCNT Modified with Sb Nanoparticles on a Au Electrode. Ohan, J.; Silva, T. A.; Cesarino, V.; Carrilho, E.; Gomez, F. A. ACS Southern California Undergraduate Research Conference, Claremont, CA, April, 2013.
- Design and Development of a Novel Microfluidic Direct Methanol Fuel Cell. Arrastia, M.; Alvarado, J.; Sanchez, L.; Gomez, F. A. ACS Southern California Undergraduate Research Conference, Claremont, CA, April, 2013.
- Voyages in Microfluidics. Gomez, F. A. UC Riverside, CA, April, 2013.
- Judith Alvarado is in her first year in the Ph.D. program in Materials Science and Engineering at UCSD.
- Hector Carmona is in his first year in the School of Dentistry at UCSF.
- Amy Wat is in her first year in the Ph.D. program in Materials Science at UC Berkeley.