Matthias Selke - CV
||B.S. 1990 (magna cum laude), University of Southern California; Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry) 1995, UCLA; Postdoctoral Research Associate (Bioinorganic Chemistry) 1995-1998, UCLA; Assistant Professor, CSULA 1998-2002; Associate Professor, CSULA, 2002-2007; Professor, CSULA, 2007 - present; Dreyfus Start-up Award, 1998; Research Corp Cottrell Award 1999; Siemens Mentor Recognition Award, 2001 and 2004; Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 2004; CSULA Chemistry and Biochemistry Club Professor of the Year 2004 and 2006; NIH-SC1 Grantee 2008-2012.
- Synthesis, characterization, and reactivity of peroxidic species.
- Study of ligand oxidation (especially thiolate ligands) to mimic damage to metalloenzymes by oxidation of ligands at the active site.
- Exploration of the inorganic and organometallic chemistry of singlet oxygen.
- Photochemistry and photophysics of Quantum Dots and Photosensitizers attached to Nanomaterials
- Climatology, especially long-term cycles in Southern California.
Courses Taught at CSULA
Upper division/graduate courses:
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry (Chem 504)
- Bioinorganic Chemistry (Chem 438)
- Advanced Organic Chemistry /Physical Organic Chemistry (Chem 420)
- Advanced Synthetic Laboratory Methods (Chem 327)
- Chem 301ABC, Year-long Standard Organic Chemistry Series
Lower division courses:
- Chem 151, Fundamentals of Chemistry I (For Health Science and Nutritional Science Majors)
- Chem 152, Fundamentals of Chemistry II (For Nutritional Science Majors)
- Chair, Graduate Studies Committee
- Advisor for the Departmental Honors Program
e-mail address email@example.com
Phone: (323) 343-2347
Fax: (323) 343 6490
|Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032