Here are the latest announcements from Tuesday, January 23, 2018:
Nuts & Bolts
2018–2019 Housing Application Now Available Online
The application to live on campus for the 2018–2019 academic year is now available on our website. Changes to the new Housing Selection Process include: returning residents are encouraged to apply, the application includes a $500 initial payment, upper division students will not be blocked from applying for housing and housing during winter break is not included in your agreement. Please familiarize yourself with the process on our website and adhere to deadlines to avoid being placed on a waitlist.
Dining Commons and Community Center Updates and Reminders
- The Dining Commons and the Community Center, which houses the Game Room and Computer Lab, are now open. The CC hours are: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Dining Commons operating hours can be found on our website.
- You can use the Meal Plan at two locations: the Dining Commons, which is located in Phase II, and Salazar Cafe, located in Salazar Hall on the south side of campus.
- Spring meal plans have started so don't forget to take your One Card (student ID) and have it swiped. One meal is equivalent to one swipe. If there is a problem with your ID, please stop by the Housing Office right away.
- When eating at the Dining Commons, please remembber to use a new plate if you go back for seconds.
- It's not too late to sign up for a meal plan. Just stop by the Housing Office to get started.
Arrival of New Housemates
New residents are moving in to empty spaces in some apartments. Thanks for keeping your apartment clean and make room for them in the kitchen and bathroom.
Need To Connect A Console, Smart TVs or Media Players To Wi-Fi?
To connect your interactive media to Wi-Fi, you will need to submit a Network Console Registration Request Form to ITS. Please have the following information handy and go to: www.calstatela.edu/its/console
- Phone Number
- Apartment Location: Phase # or GEA, Room #
- Console//device wireless MAC address (all lowercase, no colons)
Please allow 1-2 days for the request to be processed. Once done, you will receive a second email with the access code. If you have questions, please call ITS at 1-323-343-6170
Mail Room Hours
The Mail Room hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Parking Permit Information
Residential parking permits must be purchased in person from the Parking and Transportation Center only. Online sales are not applicable for residents (even though the P&T Center announcements indicate you can order your parking permit online). If you currently have a residential parking pass, it expires Jan. 21. If you don’t, you can purchase the spring 2018 parking permit now from the P&T Center and you can use it now. Avoid the long lines and a parking citation by purchasing your permit this week before the spring semester begins.
Don’t Leave Valuables In Your Car
Leaving items in your car can make you a target for theft. If you must leave items, put them in your trunk before you get to your next destination or secure them in your locked glove compartment. You can have your valuables engraved by visiting the Public Safety Office located on campus. Keep your car safer by parking in busy, well-lit areas, closing your windows, locking your doors and turning on your alarm or anti-theft device. If something is stolen out of your car or you see suspicious activity while on campus, call Campus Police at 323–343–3700. If you are off-campus, dial 911.
Don’t Throw Your Trash In The Laundry Rooms
Please throw your trash in the containers located nearest to your apartment, not in the Laundry Rooms. Trash containers are located on the outside perimeter of the access road and surrounding the Phase II complex as well as in the northwest corner of the GEA parking lot.
Don’t Lose Your Financial Aid & Housing
Stay enrolled at full-time status (undergrad 12 units, grad 8 units) and abide by the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP).
Events & Opportunities
Building 2 Laundry Room Closed Through March 1
The laundry room in Building 2 is closed for repairs. Please use the laundry rooms in Buildings 1 or 3 instead. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
We send an email to your Cal State LA email address every week during the semester to keep you in the loop. Here are the three most recent (including the latest one above):