Housing Assistant and Federal Work Study Housing Assistant
The Office of Housing and Residence life is seeking student workers to provide administrative support services to our main office, student mail room, and community center. Must be currently available to work Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Providing excellent customer service to all students, families, guests, and other university departments. Greet, smile and assist customers at all three office desk locations (mail room, main office, and community center). Attend to office phone and email correspondence, answer questions and direct to proper individual(s). Clerical duties include filing, copying, typing, data entry, and other office duties as assigned. Mail room responsibilities include greeting, sorting, logging and distribution of student and office mail in adherence with department and United States Postal Services policies and procedures. Within this role Housing Assistants will develop skills in the area of listening, customer services, time management, multitasking, communication, and intercultural proficiencies.
Candidates for the Housing Assistant position will encounter high interaction with students and families on a daily basis and must be able to effectively communicate in person, by phone and by email. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Must adhere to and enforce Federal, State, County, City, California State University, and departmental policies and procedures. Prior office and computer skills are preferred. Confidentiality a must.
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, California State University, Los Angeles is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual. To that end, all qualified individuals will receive equal consideration without regard to economic status, race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin or cultural background, political views, sex or sexual orientation, gender, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Wage and Hours
- $11 per hour
- Monday through Friday (Occasional Saturdays), 15-20 hours per week
- Housing Assistant: 6629
- FWS Housing Assistant: 8880 (To apply for this position, you must have Federal Work Study in your financial aid package.)
- Pick up an application packet in person at the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
- Submit completed application packet and resume to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
- Any questions can be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Assistant and FWS Marketing Assistant
Participate in all aspects of marketing for Housing and Residence Life, including graphic design and writing content for all marketing materials, such as posters, flyers, banners and social media as well as assisting in video production. Work with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Publisher and Microsoft Office. Take initiative and responsibility; think creatively and share ideas. Confer with peers and supervisors to discuss and determine layout and design. Determine size and arrangement of artwork and copy, select style and size of type. Work closely with professional and student staff. Communicate clearly and effectively verbally, in written form and with images. Must pay attention to detail and respond well to critical feedback. Proofread and other content-related tasks. Handle project management and enjoy being a team player. Other publicity duties as needed may include giving housing tours to prospective students and families, taking pictures and video at Housing and Residence Life events, hanging posters throughout the housing complex and tabling at outreach events. Additional duties may include covering the front desk area and Mail Room, answering phones and other office duties as needed.
- Must be familiar with graphic design software: Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign, as well as MS Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Must Enjoy social media, understand its trends and bring ideas on how to continuously improve our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Video experience is a plus. Must be open to learning about and participating in video production, both working behind the camera and learning video editing software.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, be dependable and have good attendance.
Work Study preferred.
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, California State University, Los Angeles, is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individuals. To that end, all qualified individuals will receive equal consideration without regard to economic status, race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin or cultural background, political views, sex or sexual orientation, gender or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Wage and Hours
- $11 per hour
- Monday through Friday, some Saturdays, 10-20 hours per week
- Start Date: May 1, 2018
- Marketing Assistant: 7075
- FWS Marketing Assistant: 8880 (To apply for this position, you must have Federal Work Study in your financial aid package.)
Student Employment Application -Unofficial Transcript (GET)
Class Schedule with notes of other time commitments (other job, volunteer work, etc.)
Art and/or video sample from your portfolio, including posts on social media (optional)
Deadline: Apply by April 9, 2018