- Immediately report the loss or theft of a device containing university information, especially if that information is classified as confidential, personal, and/or proprietary. All State owned equipment that is lost or stolen must also be report to University Police at 323-343-3700.
- Immediately complete the Lost or Stolen Computer or Electronic Storage Device Report form and submit it to IT Security and Compliance at the ITS Help Desk (LIB PW 1070), or e-mail an electronic copy to ITSecurity@calstatela.edu
- If a lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised device contains unencrypted confidential information, the responsibility for notifying victims under SB 1386 resides with the department or division where the security breach occurred. [See User Guidelines for Reporting a Lost or Stolen Computer or Electronic Storage Device.]
Other Security Tips
Select the links below for tips on securing your devices.
- Implement Security Measures on Laptops, Tablets or Smartphones
- Safeguard Laptop and Tablet Contents
- Secure the Wireless Laptop or Tablet Connection
- Physically Safeguard the Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone
- Secure the Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone When Traveling
For more information:
- Lost or Stolen Computer or Electronic Storage Device Report
- User Guidelines for Reporting a Lost or Stolen Computer or Electronic Storage Device