Take a Library Tour
In the first few weeks of every fall quarter the Library
provides general tours. Tours are designed as an orientation to
the Library's many services, collections and other resources. Students
attending an orientation tour as part of a class assignment can
receive written verification of attendance upon request. You do
NOT need to register for these tours in advance. Simply consult
the current tour schedule and drop by the Reference Center, 1st
Floor, Library North.
Special Tours If the dates and times of our regularly
scheduled tours do not match your schedule, we'll be happy to schedule
a special tour for 5 or more people. Tours can be tailored to the
interests of your group. Contact your
college or department liaison to arrange a date and time for
your visit. We appreciate at least two weeks pre-notification to
allow us to accommodate your group.
Special Groups: Please contact an appropriate librarian
for your tours if you are one of the following groups.
- Instructors for English 102 should contact Catherine
- Instructors for English 095, 096, 101 and University
401, or any other introductory writing course, should contact
- Instructors for University 101 and 301 should contact
- Community college instructors should contact Deborah Schaeffer.
- Instructors at LACHSA (Los Angeles County High School
for the Arts) should contact Scott
- Instructors at ACLP (American Culture and Language
Program) should contact Romelia
- Instructors at high schools, other than LACHSA, should
contact Alan Stein.