The CSULA Journals Search Includes:
periodicals available in print in the CSLA Library or electronically through CSULA subscription to full-text online databases. The Library subscribes to about 2,000 journals, magazines and newspapers in print format, and more than 15,000 in online full-text format.
- CSULA Periodicals Search DOES:
- Show years and volumes of print and
microfilm subscriptions to periodicals owned by
the CSLA Library.
- Show current subscriptions as well as ones
we no longer carry.
- Provide online links to databases which contain
electronic full-text journals.
- CSULA Periodicals Search DOES NOT:
- Contain the actual articles, but will show you
where to find the print or online periodicals containing
- Contain older electronic periodicals. Most of the
online periodicals cover only recent articles, usually
within the last 2-6 years.
- CSULA Periodicals Search is USEFUL WHEN:
- You have an article citation and need to know if
the Library can provide access to the full-text
version, either in print or electronically.
- You have the title of a periodical and you want to
know if the Library has it available in print or
electronically in full-text. You can then do a search
for your topic in that specific periodical, either
online or by browsing the print copies.
- NOTE: CSULA Periodicals Search was
prepared jointly by the Libraries at CSLA and CSU-Chico,
and is maintained on a CSU-Chico server. Because it is
based on database designs originating at CSU-Chico, names
used for electronic sources (i.e., databases) may vary
from those commonly used in the CSLA Library.