Objectives & Goals
Here at Amnesty International, we fight for human rights at every corner of the world. Our outreach on campus has resulted in the awareness of human rights issues, with methods that include movie screenings and passing out informative pamphlets on the main campus walkway. Our activism as a student organization, in coalition with the larger Amnesty International headquarters--with a membership of 2.2 million individuals--has saved multiple lives in the fight against human rights abuses.
Our goals for this year include:
- Empowering club members through speaking and leadership opportunities, including weekly in-club presentations on a particular human rights event.
- Writing weekly letters to foreign officials in regards to human rights violations.
- Tabling on the main campus walkway on issues ranging from the death penalty to the crisis in Darfur.
- Screening documentaries/films pertaining to human rights issues around the world.
- Working in alliance with other humanitarian organizations on campus to further our agenda.
- Building each member a phenomenal curriculum vitae focused on leadership and activism.
© 2008-2009, Amnesty International CSULA