Hire a student assistant - If you are interested in posting a Student Assistant or Federal Work-Study position, visit the Student Employment Office webpage.
- Career Center Services - How the career development process can lead to satisfying employment.
- How to Choose a Major - Determine which academic majors are compatible with your skills, interests and values, and learn how they relate to various careers.
- Internships 101 - Includes the different types of internships, the internship process, internship sites, how to prepare for internship competitions, and how to get the most out of an internship.
- Handshake - Learn how to use this exclusive to Cal State LA job board to find on and off campus jobs, internships, career events, and career mentors.Event Coordination - If you are planning to do an event for your students, the Career Center can be of assistance in several ways:
- Planning - We have extensive experience in planning career development and employer recruitment events, and can provide consultation to you, or be a part of your planning team, based on staff availability.
- Publicity - We can market your event through multiple channels, including the Golden Eagle CareerLink main calendar for career events and registration.
- Participation - We can be part of the event, either before or during, by presenting workshops, reviewing resumes, etc.
- Follow-Up Services - While an event provides career support to students at one point in time, the Career Center is here year round. Connect students to our services to follow-up on your event and continue their development with additional, ongoing services.Special Projects - We can assist with special projects related to your classroom activity. Examples of such coordination include partnering with the Charter College of Education to provide testing as an educational experience for graduate counseling students, and partnering with the Department of Management in the College of Business and Economics to do pre-and post resume critiques in conjunction with a management class. The limit is your imagination.Employer Linkages - We are glad to respond to employer inquiries that come your way. We also act as a broker, bringing together employers and academics, for example, for guest lectures on discipline- specific topics, or connecting students with specific hiring and internship needs.Handshake is Cal State LA’s own jobs website, which includes on-campus student jobs as well as off-campus part-time and full-time jobs and internships. This site can be accessed by current students and active alumni. If you coordinate job postings for your department, let us help you increase your posting visibility. Contact us to coordinate your career development outreach to students. You can also create a student account to view available openings and career events.