The Emeriti Association serves the interests of all retired Cal State L.A. faculty. In their behalf, its Executive Committee meets periodically with the President of the University and with the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate to discuss matters of mutual concern. Its elected Senator represents emeriti in matters considered by the Academic Senate.
Through close working relationships with the University administration and the Academic Senate, the Association is expanding and improving the services available to emeriti faculty. In support of the Association's work, the University makes available mailing and printing services and provides meeting places for emeriti functions.
The Association performs such services and activities as the following:
1. Assistance to the University in maintaining accurate emeriti records.
2. Publication of an annual directory of names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of all emeriti.
3. Publication of a quarterly newsletter, "The Emeritimes".
4. Holding general meetings three times a year in conjunction with luncheons, which bring emeriti back to campus.
5. Keeping emeriti informed about major events on campus.
6. Reporting information about matters of concern to retired faculty.
7. Assisting in the improvement of retirement counseling for the benefit of emeriti and their spouses.
8. Seeking University support for the scholarly endeavors of active emeriti.
9. Monitoring the effectiveness of the University's performance of services granted emeriti.
10. Establishing and maintaining a Emeriti Association website with information and links to other sites.
11. Providing yearly fellowships for worthy graduate and undergraduate students from the Emeriti Fellowship Fund.
Planned for the future are services to widowed spouses, building a telephonic network for rapid communication with emeriti in exigencies, creation of a master file of demographic information about all emeriti faculty and establishing of an Emeriti College.