The Cal State L.A. Safe Zone Program was established in 2010 as an awareness program to increase safe spaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) students on campus. Staff and faculty who have been trained to become Safe Zone Allies have the Safe Zone sticker which publicly designates their workspace as a safe space for LGBTQ students.
The Safe Zone Ally trainings are completely voluntary and are available once per quarter. Please contact Talia Bettcher, Director, CSGS, Professor, Philosophy, at email@example.com or Denise Carlos, Coordinator, GSRC, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the training.
For Safe Zone and LGBTQ campus related news, please join our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/safezonecsula.
Safe Zone is co-sponsored by the Student Health Center's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), the Center for the Study of Genders and Sexualities (CSGS), and the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center (GSRC).
On-Campus LGBT Resources
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Student Health Center, Station 4, 2nd. floor, (323) 343-3314, CAPS
- Center for the Study of Genders & Sexualities (CSGS), King Hall D4050, (323) 343-6549, www.calstatela.edu/centers/csgs/board.htm
- Gender and Sexuality Resource Center (GSRC), Cross-Cultural Centers, U-SU Room 206, (323) 343-3370, http://calstatelausu.org/ccc/gsrc
- LGBT Faculty and BFFs Listserve, Google group for LGBT faculty and allies, http://groups.google.com/group/lgbt-faculty-and-bffs
- Pride Grad, GSRC, Cross-Cultural Centers, (323) 343-3370, http://calstatelausu.org/ccc/gsrc
- The Queer Connection (TQC), LGBT student organization, Meetings every Thursday at 3:15pm in the GSRC, http://www.myspace.com/queermoderator