Golden Eagle mascot gets a make-over
Cal State L.A.Âs Eddie to debut new look, cheers Sept. 23
Looking dapper in new wingtips and faux feathers, Cal State L.A.Âs mascotÂEddie the Golden EagleÂwill debut his new look and present new cheers as Cal State L.A.Âs soccer teams host Dominguez Hills in a Sept. 23 doubleheader.
The menÂs soccer match will begin 4:30 p.m., followed by the womenÂs at 7 p.m.Âboth at the UniversityÂs Jesse Owens Track and Field.
The new Golden Eagle costumeÂwith its traditional gold and blackÂwill bear Cal State L.A.Âs current athletics logo and represent the UniversityÂs competitive spirit. Cal State L.A.Âs original Golden Eagle mascot was introduced in 1981.
The new costume is created by Carol Flemming Mascot Costume Design Studio in consultation with Cal State L.A.Âs Division of Intercollegiate Athletics, and has been described as being Âmore comfortableÂ and Âeasier to move around in.Â
Eddie the Golden Eagle often appears on campus to promote Cal State L.A. pride and to raise studentsÂ interest in Golden Eagle athletic games.
In 2007 and 2008, the ÂoldÂ Golden Eagle appeared on national television with fellow mascots in an ad campaign to promote responsibility.
Learn more at the following links:
- Cal State L.A.Âs Golden Eagle lands role in ÂGood, Clean FunÂ (2007 press release):
- CSU Mascots to Star in ÂMarch MadnessÂ Commercial (2008 press release):
- CSU mascots commercial video:
- Campus history:
- Golden Eagle Athletics points of pride:
- CSULAÂs Athletics Hall of Fame:
- CSULAÂs Athletics Facebook page:
- CSULAÂs Division of Intercollegiate Athletics: