The chat activity module allows participants to have a real-time synchronous discussion in a Moodle course. Implement this feature to hold virtual office hours or to allow students to interact with each other in a real-time conversation.
Follow the instructions below to create a Chat Room:
- Click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Chat.
- Click Add.
You will then be taken to the set up page for your Chat Room.
- Enter in a Name for your Chat Room.
- Enter in a Description.
- Set a Chat Time.
- Choose a Repeat option.
- Don’t publish any chats – chats are allowed anytime.
- No repeats – only the specified chat time will be published.
- Select saved period for past sessions.
- Choose whether or not to allow access to past sessions.
- Click Save.