Group Wikis are a modified version of the Collaborative wiki. This allows any member of the group to edit or modify the wiki. This is great for team building skills and learning to work collaboratively with other people. A group wiki can be made visible to the entire class or made visible only to group members.
NOTE: Groups must be set up in your course prior to enabling groups in the wiki. To set up groups, please click here.
Follow the instructions below to set up groups in a wiki:
- Find the Wiki on the course home page.
- Click the title of the Wiki.
- Find the Administration block on the left-hand side.
- Click on Edit Settings.
- Scroll to the Common Module Settings section1
- Click the Group drop-down radio button and choose whether this wiki will be available to all participants or certain groups.
- Separate Groups: Students will not be able to see other groups.
- Visible Groups: Groups will be able to see other groups.
- Click Save Changes.