Welcome to BS in Rehabilitation Service
Rehabilitation Services is a diverse field within the general area of human services which provides services for people who have physical, emotional, and intellectual disabilities, and for individuals with economic and social disadvantages.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in Rehabilitation Services, one may find work in the human services field. Here is a sample of professions for your reference:
- Human Services Caseworker/Case Manager
- Health Services Coordinator
- Homeless Shelter Coordinator
- Hospice Coordinator
- Job Coach
- Job Developer or Job Placement Specialist
- Supported Employment Coordinator
- Disability Center-resident Counselor
- Domestic Violence Coordinator
- Parole and Probation Officer
- Vocational Training Facility Instructor
- Advance the independence, integration, and full participation of individuals with rehabilitation needs in the workforce and the community.
- Develop knowledge and skills in educational research; develop analysis and reflection skills along with professional written and oral communication.
- Develop an understanding of current issues, practices and directions in curriculum and the ability to inquire into these.
- Understand and be able to apply assessment procedures as related to rehabilitation potential and rehabilitation planning.
- Be able to advocate for people who have disabilities so that these individuals receive maximum benefit and have full participation and equitable treatment in the workforce and in society.
- Obtain knowledge and develop skills in how to work multicultural with ethnically diverse individuals when providing human services within an urban environment.
BS in Rehabilitation Services Program
The mission of the Rehabilitation Services Program is to provide an inclusive learning environment for students from diverse cultural backgrounds. The program prepares students to work in a variety of occupational settings to enhance their professional development, knowledge, skills, and abilities. In these settings, they will advance the independence, integration, and full participation of individuals with rehabilitation needs in the urban community and workforce.
BS in Rehabilitation Services Objectives
- Students will develop skills for accessing community resources that serve individuals with rehabilitation needs.
- Students will attain appropriate interviewing and communication skills.
- Students will acquire technical writing skills.
- Students will be able to integrate information to provide a diverse range of services to clients with rehabilitation needs.
- Students will learn to advocate and teach advocacy skills to their clients to integrate people with disabilities within the community.
- Students will master skills to maximize independence for people with disabilities.
- Students will obtain skills in working with multi-culturally diverse individuals within an urban setting.
- Students will apply learned knowledge and skills to real life settings.
- Students will obtain knowledge and develop skills in how to work multiculturally with ethnically diverse individuals when providing human services within an urban environment.
- Students will be able to provide services to persons with rehabilitation needs, working in collaboration with community agencies within an urban setting.
Monday - Thursday
8am - 6pm
8am - 5pm
CCOE Rehabilitation Services