Teacher Training Program/Acting Option
Information and Application for Teacher Training Program/Acting Option
- Enrollment in TA 5100 Projects in Teaching (1 unit) during each training semester(s).
- Attending, observing and participating in the assigned section of the undergraduate required acting classes, TA 1410 Acting I in the first semester of training, and TA 1420 Acting II in the second semester of training. Each class meets 5 hours a week.
- Students who have acquired certification in specialized training methodologies/techniques such as Linklater, Fitzmaurice, Stage Combat, may also be considered to train to teach the undergraduate equivalent courses. Be sure to include relevant certifications in your application materials and express an interest in training to teach the relevant undergraduate courses.
- Weekly one-hour meeting outside of the above-mentioned class time, to discuss the pedagogy of the class, the approaches of the Instructor and the progress of the undergraduate students
- Weekly reading assignments and discussions from Steven Wangh’s book The Heart of Teaching (www.stephenwangh.com/heart_of_teaching.html)
- Keeping an on-going Journal/Notebook that records class activities, observation, questions, notes from the reading assignments and more – to be submitted at the end of the semester as part of the grade for this course
- Assist the Instructor of the undergraduate acting course as needed: leading an in-class exercise, reviewing proposed performance materials, reading submitted written assignments and more.
- Submit Final Paper that will goes towards the grade for this training course.
Teaching Associate Position
Students who successfully complete this training course will be considered for paid positions as a Teaching Associate to then teach a section of the undergraduate acting courses.
Applications are currently closed for the current academic school year.
For questions, contact the Teacher Training Program Coordinator.