All electronic documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.) that are posted online must be accessible. Most of the basic principles in creating accessible websites apply to creating accessible documents. This page contains self-help resources to help you create accessible electronic documents in different formats.
Below are tutorials in video and text format for creating accessible electronic documents using Microsoft Office and Adobe applications.
Note: To access a Lynda.com course, you need to log in with your MyCalStateLA ID account.
- Make Your Word Documents Accessible (Microsoft)
- Learn to Create More Accessible Word Documents (Microsoft)
- Creating Accessible Documents with Microsoft Office: Chapter 2 (Lynda.com)
- Creating Accessible Word Documents (WebAIM)
- Make Your Excel Spreadsheets Accessible (Microsoft)
- Creating Accessible Documents with Microsoft Office: Chapter 3 (Lynda.com)
- Make Your PowerPoint Presentations Accessible (Microsoft)
- Creating Accessible Documents with Microsoft Office: Chapter 4 (Lynda.com)
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations (WebAIM)
Microsoft Office and Adobe applications include built-in tools that can be used to check the accessibility of a document.
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Pro