Welcome to the College of Arts & Letters Academic Advisement Center homepage. Our Center provides academic advising to current Cal State LA undergraduate students who are majoring, minoring, or are pursuing a certificate program in the College of Arts & Letters. Our advisors also meet with Cal State LA undergraduate students who are interested in declaring or exploring a program in the College.
Our mission is to provide professional advising services that include degree planning, graduation checks, class schedule confirmation, major and minor declaration, addressing academic concerns, answering questions about university policies and procedures, and directing students to university resources.
Our vision is to motivate and sustain the academic goals of all students in the College of Arts and Letters by creating an accepting and inclusive advising experience.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all staff at the Arts and Letters Advisement Center have transitioned to non-face-to-face advising (i.e. Zoom, email) until further notice. Arts and Letters Golden Eagles, we are here to support you! Please reach out to us if you have any advising-related questions or concerns.
- From August 24 - August 28, advising will be available for 15-minute drop-ins via the Virtual Front Desk. Sessions will be limited class schedule assistance and certain deadline-specific matters only. Drop-ins can be accessed via the Zoom Virtual Front Desk. See the "Drop-in" section below for the Zoom link and available hours.
- The best way to contact us for now is by email: ALadvise@calstatela.edu
- All advising appointments will take place via Zoom until further notice. In-person appointments are currently unavailable.
- The Fall 2020 semester calendar will open for student appointment scheduling on Friday, August 28 at 6:00 pm.
- After scheduling an appointment, a Zoom link that will be used for the virtual appointment will be be sent to the student's Cal State LA email address.
- Students may schedule a maximum of two 30-minute appointments per term.
- Advising appointments are available for students who are pursuing, or are interested in pursuing a major, minor, or certificate program in the College of Arts and Letters. Students who would like to request advising for a program outside of the College of Arts and Letters should schedule an appointment with the corresponding advisement office.
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule a 30-minute advising appointment by clicking on the Student Success Collaborative icon below, or by clicking here.
Appointment Scheduling Steps
- Click here.
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click blue "Get Assistance" icon
- Select type of appointment - Advising
- Select service category - Academic Advising
- Select appointment reason (e.g. Class Schedule Assistance)
- Choose Location (College of Arts and Letters Advisement Center)
- Choose advisor (if no preference, leave blank)
- Select desired appointment time
- Click "Confirm Appointment"
- 15-minute drop-in advising sessions are available to Cal State LA students via the Zoom Virtual Front Desk.
- Drop-ins are available for: Class schedule assistance, major and minor changes within the College of Arts and Letters, and certain deadline-specific matters.
- Please check the weekly drop-in schedule below for availability. The schedule is updated regularly.
- The Zoom Virtual Fronk Desk will be active as of August 24th.
- Students can use the link or phone number below to access the Zoom Virtual Front Desk. Students will be admitted one-by-one and placed with an academic advisor, if appropriate.
Virtual Front Desk Hours
|Monday 8/24||8:30 am - 12:00 pm; 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday 8/25||8:30 am - 12:00 pm; 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
8:30 am - 12:00 pm; 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
|Thursday 8/27||8:30 am - 12:00 pm; 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Friday 8/28||8:30 am - 12:00 pm; 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
Important Dates and Deadlines
Please visit the University Scheduling Office's website to view important dates and deadlines for the Fall 2020 semester.
Send quick questions and inquiries to: ALadvise@calstatela.edu