The Cal State LA Office of Communications and Public Affairs oversees the content displayed on several digital displays across campus, including displays on the Main Walkway near Lot 4 and in front of the University Bookstore. Events and messages that have wide-ranging appeal and support the University’s mission are prioritized.
- All displays are only used for marketing of initiatives or events of official University divisions, colleges, departments, offices, centers and institutes.
- Priority will be given to University-wide events/purposes, such as:
- Large-scale events, such as Commencement and Convocation
- Messages that support giving campaigns
- Deadlines, achievements and honors
- Athletic home games
- Emergency information from Public Safety
- Events and messages can be displayed for a maximum of two weeks, space permitting.
- Messages involving an event will run only for the two weeks prior to the event, space permitting.
- Event and message placement is subject to space availability and not guaranteed.
- The messages may not be used for sponsorship or commercial promotions.
- Message content should include:
- Type or title of event
- Time, date and location
- Contact number or web address (if applicable)
- Any campus-sponsored events included in the display must be also listed on the Cal State LA web calendar.
Digital graphic creation and scheduling
University divisions, colleges, departments, offices, centers and institutes can request that the Office of Communications and Public Affairs promote events on digital displays. Requestors are responsible for creating messages.
To create a new graphic for display, please see templates provided in the Communications Portal. Please submit request at least 10 working days before desired promotion date to email@example.com. The Office of Communications and Public Affairs will review designs created with the templates.
All messages, designs and photos will be subject to review based on University brand and design standards.