The next admissions cycle for the MPA program will be for entrance in Spring 2018. Competitive candidates for the program tend to have a strong academic record, work experience in the public or non-profit sector that allows for connections between theory and practice, and a clear vision of their professional career goals and how the MPA program will help in achieving those goals. To apply, applicants must submit separate, complete applications to the University and to the MPA program. Applicants must be accepted by both the University and the MPA program in order to enroll in the program.
Applicants must submit a University application online through Cal State Apply. The University's graduate admissions standards and application deadlines may differ from the MPA program's admission standards and application deadlines. Information on the University's graduate admissions processes can be found at the following links:
For questions about your University application, please call the Office of Admissions and Recruitment, (323) 343-3901.
MPA Program Application
Applicants also must submit by mail an MPA Program application. The application can be dowloaded at this link:
Minimum application requirements include:
- A GPA in the last 60 semster (90 quarter) units of 3.0 or better
- Two strong letters of recommendation from supervisors at work and/or college instructors
- An excellent personal statement appropriate to the program
- A current professional résumé
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended including CSULA (official transcripts must be mailed to the University as part of the University application)
Fall 2018 Admission Deadline: March 15, 2018
The program application and accompanying materials should be submitted by mail to the address below. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Dr. Jessica DeShazo
MPA Graduate Advisor
Department of Political Science
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032-8226