Versión en español
The Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (VP-DEI) is the senior University administrator charged with coordinating the development and implementation of the University's strategic plan for inclusive excellence. Reporting directly to the President and working in collaboration with the other Vice Presidents and senior University leaders, the VP-DEI, provides dynamic and visionary leadership to build upon the strengths of the University and develop new opportunities to fulfill the University's Mission, Strategic Priority Area: Welcoming and Inclusive Campus, and DEI values.
Cal State LA transforms lives and fosters thriving communities across greater Los Angeles. We cultivate and amplify our students' unique talents, diverse life experiences, and intellect through engaged teaching, learning, scholarship, research, and public service that support their overall success, well-being, and the greater good.
Strategic Priority Area: Welcoming and Inclusive Campus
Overall Goal: Nurture a welcoming and inclusive campus where students, faculty, and staff thrive and community is honored and cultivated.
Values (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
We cultivate diversity, help promote cultural competence and integrity, and actively seek perspectives and engagement from all constituents in our community, to develop just and equitable practices and expectations.
Read the Campus Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
Vice President Dr. Villalpando is responsible for helping to coordinate:
- the University's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals in coordination with other Vice Presidents and academic leaders.
- and chair the Presidential Commission for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- and develop campus-wide educational programs and professional development opportunities to enhance cultural competency.
- campus initiatives designed to enhance the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, students, and staff.
- leadership development programs on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- the work of College-level Equity Coordinators.