Educational Technology Leadership
Fall 22 Apps Open
Fall 22 Track 1: Ed Tech Leadership (hybrid) apps open until 5/31/22.
Monday, Apr. 4 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 12 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Apr. 23 - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Saturday, May 21 - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
The M.A. in Educational technology Track 1: Educational Technology Leadership at California State University, Los Angeles, is designed to prepare technology specialists for schools, school districts and non-traditional education and training settings. This is a hybrid program. We accept new cohorts every Fall semester.
People completing this program might work as coordinators of educational technology at a school or at the district level, as educational media and website developers, as 21st century technology-using educators, as education technology consultants, as lab coordinators or as technology-based trainers.
You can enter this field with a bachelor's degree in any content area (e.g.. communications, engineering, computer science, business, linguistics, math, science, urban learning, arts, etc.). You will become a member of the prestigious group of Instructional Technologists.
In order to prepare well-rounded instructional technology specialists, the program provides instruction in several areas: authoring tools, media design and development, computer applications in schools, leadership in computer/technology education, and educational foundations and research. Note : A Level 1 California Administrative Credential is required for the position of district-level computer coordinator. A valid California teaching credential is required for teaching positions in public K-12 schools.
In addition to earning your MA in Educational Technology Track 1: Educational Technology Leadership, you will also complete the courses necessary for:
- a Certificate in Computer Applications in Schools (a separate CSU Apply application is required)
- a Supplementary Authorization in Computer Science (if you have a single or multiple subject teaching credential you can apply to the CTC)
New cohorts begin every Fall Semester
What our grads are saying about our program:
Thank you to all the wonderful professors in the Educational Technology Program for preparing us with the skills and strategies we are now able to implement for distance learning. The program fulfilled all the demands we now have to face as educators through this period that demands the use of online learning and the developing these courses. Thank to my classmates for the help and comradeship. - Angela Lucio, Fall 2019
Throughout this program, I have been challenged to think outside the box and create new ways of implementing instructional design into multiple topics. I was blessed to not only have the amazing staff at CSULA but also such a great cohort of students to work with. I am grateful for the relationships that I have gained and the friendships that will last well beyond graduation. I hope that this program becomes a highlight for student's lives for years to come. - Aaron Peters, Fall 2019
The Educational Technology Program taught me so many invaluable skills. It exposed me not only to new and emerging technologies that I can integrate into my classroom, but also tools and techniques to help support and train my colleagues in my new position as a technology specialist. The program was a rewarding journey and I am grateful to have made lifelong friends! - Marissa Shaevel, Fall 2019
Sample Cohort Semester Schedule
This is a hybrid program - a mix of on-campus and online.
- EDIT 4300 Information Technologies in the Classroom (3) o
- EDIT 4510 Introduction to Educational Technology (3) h
- EDIT 4840 Instructional Technology Authoring Tools (3) h
- EDIT 5600 Educational Web Design and Development (3) h
- EDFN 5000 Evaluation of Educational Research (3) h
- EDIT 5010 Instructional Design Theories and Applications (3) h
- EDIT 5560 Technology Leadership and Innovative Learning Systems in schools (3) h
- EDIT 5650 Introduction to Computer Programming and Data Structure for Educators (3) h
- EDIT 5620 Current Technologies (3) h
- EDIT 5800 Applied Experience in Educational Technology (3) h
- EDIT 5900 Educational Technology Portfolio Project (3) h
- EDIT 5540 Video Technology in Education (3) h
- EDFN 5960 Comprehensive Examination (0) h
* The program information sheet is to aid in your planning. Make sure to check the University Catalog for the most up to date degree requirements.
Educational Technology Leadership Program