The University Honors Academy at California State University, Los Angeles provides an opportunity for high-achieving college-bound students, ages 11-16*, to enjoy a five-week University learning experience on the California State University, Los Angeles campus. Students in the academy are cohorted with other gifted students in a supportive and active advanced learning environment and will participate in a number of specially designed academic activities, including:
- Two interdisciplinary and interconnected workshops taught by outstanding tenured faculty members at Cal State LA learning skills seminars taught by University staff
- EEP lectures by current students and alumni regarding: university life, science study, selecting a major, socializing, careers in medicine, law, and academia, and more
- An introduction to the university and its experts in a wide range of disciplines
- Peer mentor group activities and discussions
- Field trips
- Exclusive access to the Early Entrance Program Center, a specially designated student center for EEP and Academy students to socialize and study
- Access to many University resources and activities, including the University library, student union, bookstore, cafeteria/food court, and pool
The academy’s education experts stress the importance of student culture, previous learning, engagement and collaboration on effective advanced learning. The Academy expects that many students will opt to continue their studies at Cal State LA while understanding that the experiences gained will follow and benefit all students throughout their lifetime of learning.
*Students must be under 16 by June 1 the year in which they apply.
For more information the summer Honors Academy and specific schedules please see our most recent brochure by clicking the link below
Honors Academy 2018 Registration
Registration for the 2018 Honors Academy will open soon, please contact the EEP office for deadline information. If you have any other questions regarding registration or the Honors Academy please contact the EEP office at 323-343-2287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.