Dr. Stacey Sharpe is an Associate Professor of Marketing in College of Business and Economics at California State University, Los Angeles. She is passionate about strategic problem solving, continuous improvement, and the opportunity to engage and prepare the next generation of diverse business leaders. She is also the current faculty advisor to the Cal State LA Marketing Club and the American Marketing Association (AMA) Collegiate Chapter at Cal State LA.
- Ph.D., Strategic Marketing | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.A., Sociology: Applied Social Research | City University of New York, Queens College
- B.A., Business Administration: Marketing | Clark Atlanta University
- International Business Dimploma | Richmond University, The American International University in London
- MKT 3100 - Principles of Marketing
- MKT 3400 - Consumer Behavior
- MKT 3800 - Introduction to Social Media Marketing
Areas of Expertise and Research Interest:
Her expertise and current research agenda explores interdisciplinary applications of marketing strategy in the areas of...
- Marketing spending accountability (the marketing-finance interface)
- Corporate social irresponsibility
- Brand crisis response
- Social media engagement
- Economic geography
Prior to entering academia, she held marketing research, consumer analytics, and project management roles at Mintel International Group Limited, the NPD Group, Tribune Broadcasting, and The Weather Channel. Her industry experience spans the areas of ...
- Marketing research
- Media research
- Consumer analytics
- Competitive intelligence
- Project management
- Strategic planning
- Corporate training and consulting
- Sharpe, Stacey (2021). “Accounting-Based Brand Scandals and the Implications for Firm-Level Advertising Spending”, Studies in Business and Economics Journal, Vol. 16, No. 2
- Sharpe, Stacey, and Nicole Hanson (2021), “Sales Response to Corporate Social Irresponsibility and the Mitigating Role of Advertising”, Management Decision Journal, Vol. , No.
- Sharpe, Stacey (2020). “Advertising Response to Financial Misreporting and the Implications for Firm Value”, Journal of Advances in Business Research, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp. 1-17.
- Tofighi, Maryam, and Stacey Sharpe (2020), “Sustainability Labeling for Consumer-Packaged Goods and the Implications for Retailer Versus Manufacturer Brands”, Business Forum Journal, Vol. 28 No. 1.
- Hanson, Nicole, and Stacey Sharpe (2019), “Social Media and the Sales Professional,” Journal of Marketing Perspectives, Vol. 2019 No. 1, pp. 7-17.
- Sharpe, Stacey (2019), “Safeguarding Brands in Online Review Forums: The Role of Managerial Response” Journal of Brand Strategy, Vol. 7 No. 4, pp. 365-376.
- Sharpe, Stacey and Nicole Hanson (2018), "Can Socially Irresponsible Firms Benefit from Corporate Advertising?" Journal of Strategic Marketing, pp. 1-12.
- Sharpe, Stacey and Nicole Hanson. (2017). “Advertising Expenditures, Negative Corporate Social Performance, and Firm Performance: Does Advertising Orientation Matter?” In Nina Krey and Particia Rossi (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2017 Academy of Marketing Science Conference. New York, NY: Springer International.
- Nicole Hanson, Stacey Sharpe, Michael Germano, and Maryam Tofighi (2017). “Teaching Marketing Analytics Across A Spectrum of Student Readiness: Techniques for Success.” In Chrisann Merriman and Mindy Welch (Eds.), Enhancing Marketing Education Through Technology and New Methodologies: The 41st Annual Marketing Educators’ Association Conference 2017 Proceedings (39-).
- Sharpe, Stacey, Dongling Huang, and T. Ravichandran. (2016). Toward an Understanding of Consumer Feedback in the Online Environment: Does Managerial Participation Help? In Michael W. Obai, Nina Krey, and Christian Bushardt (Eds.), Let’s Get Engaged! Crossing the Threshold of Marketing’s Engagement Era, Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the 2014 Academy of Marketing Science Conference (393-398). New York, NY: Springer International.
- Germano, Michael, H. Rika Houston, Shirley Stretch-Stephenson, Stacey Sharpe, Nicole Hanson, and Silvia Martin. (2016). Designing and Implementing a Social Media Marketing Program: Opportunities and Challenges. In Michelle M. Nelson and Chrisann Merriman (Eds.), Advancing the Practice and Scholarship of Marketing Education to New Heights: The 40th Annual Marketing Educators’ Association Conference Proceedings (49).
- Germano, Michael, H. Rika Houston, Shirley Stretch-Stephenson, Nicole Hanson, Silvia Martin, and Stacey Sharpe (2016). “Enhanced Active Learning in the Marketing Classroom Through Movement, Competition and Gamification” In Michelle M. Nelson and Chrisann Merriman (Eds.), Advancing the Practice and Scholarship of Marketing Education to New Heights: The 40th Annual Marketing Educators’ Association Conference Proceedings (167).
- Sharpe, Stacey (2002), In Your Parks: There's Good News for UK Theme Parks. Leisure Management. Vol 22 No. 9, pp. 36.
- Sharpe, Stacey (2002), UK First Aid Market. MediaWeek Magazine, June/July, pp. 31.
- Sharpe, Stacey (2002), Pub Catering. MediaWeek Magazine, June, pp. 31.