Financial Aid Disbursements and Student Refunds
Financial Aid Disbursement Information
Financial aid disbursements are issued on the first day of each semester and weekly thereafter through the 16th week of the semester. For further information concerning anticipated disbursement dates, please refer to the Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule listed below.
The Financial Aid Office determines your financial aid eligibility and disburses financial aid funds to your student account. As defined by the U.S. Department of Education; (34 CFR 668.164(a), (b), & (d)(1) federal financial aid funds can cover the current academic year institutional charges. If you have outstanding non-institutional charges (30 day loans, WPE, etc.) or prior year charges on your Student Account, please refer to Title IV Authorization release form. Your financial aid funds will pay outstanding tuition fees, housing charges, and 30 day loans. The remaining balance of your financial aid funds will be mailed to you or direct deposited to your U.S. banking institution.
Financial aid disbursements are either mailed to the current mailing address on the student GET website or direct deposit. Please ensure that the mailing address the University has for you is correct via the GET website.
You can enroll in the Eagle Express Direct Deposit option via the GET website.
Financial Aid Disbursement Schedules
Please note: The disbursement schedule is subject to change without notice.
Federal Perkins Loan and Nursing Student Loan
Federal Perkins Loan and Nursing Student Loan Recipients must attend an Orientation, sign a promissory note, and complete a reference sheet annually. The award period begins with Fall Semester. Please contact Student Loan Services and Collection at (323) 343-3580 to make an appointment for an orientation and location. Orientation Schedule: Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Tuition fees, business professional program fee and non-resident tuition fee refunds are processed automatically when a student follows the campus established procedures and deadline dates to drop courses/units or withdraw from the University each semester. A $5.00 administrative processing fee will be withheld from all refunds unless withdrawal is the result of a campus regulation, class cancellation or compulsory military service.
The refund policy for the California State University System is based on the California Code of Regulations, Title V, Section 41802. The procedures to drop courses/units are in the Class Schedule.
- Fall 2022 Refund Procedure
- Fall 2022 Proration Schedule
- Summer 2022 State-Support Refund Procedure
- Summer 2022 State-Support and Self-Support Proration Schedules
- Summer 2022 Early Start Program Proration Schedules
- Spring 2022 Refund Procedure
- Spring 2022 Proration Schedule
- Winter 2022 Proration Schedule
Eagle Express Direct Deposit is available on the student GET website to all students anticipating financial aid funds, tuition refund, or a housing refund.
You can have your financial aid disbursement or tuition refund (after tuition fees, housing charges, 30 day loans, and other University charges have been paid) electronically deposited to a valid U.S. checking or savings account. Students are responsible for providing accurate direct deposit information (routing number/account number), update or cancel direct deposit. Students can verify the routing number and account number with their banking institution before enrolling in direct deposit.
Please note: 2-Step Verification is required for Direct Deposit Enrollment.
To enroll follow the steps below.
- Log-in through Eagle i-View Sign-In via the GET website
- Select Self Service and then Student Center
- Under Finances section, click on “Enroll in Direct Deposit”
- Select the type of bank account you have – checking or savings?
- Enter your bank routing number – this is the 9 digit number that identifies your bank and is at the bottom left corner of your check (see illustration below).
- Enter your account number (see illustration below).
- Confirm by re-entering your account number.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions by checking the box.
- Click on “Submit”.
- The next screen will request that you confirm the account information you provided, if correct click “OK”.
- You will get another Direct Deposit confirmation page – this screen confirms your enrollment in Direct Deposit. Click “OK”.
- You are done! Your financial aid disbursement or refund will be automatically credited to the account you entered.