Financial Aid and the Transfer Student

Financial aid awards cannot be transferred from one school to another. You must reapply for aid at your new school.

Add CSULA to your SAR online via Our school code is 001140Wait 10 to 15 working days for Cal State L.A. to receive your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information. Cal State LA. will notify you by mail of your award eligibility or if you need to submit additional documents. You may also check the GET website.

If you are transferring from Cal State L.A.: contact the new school to obtain their transfer procedures.

You can receive the Pell Grant from only one school at a time. If you transfer in the middle of an academic year, you may be eligible for the remaining balance of your Pell eligibility. For Cal Grant Programs, contact the California Student Aid Commission at (888) 224-7268.  Inform Cal Grant of a change of school with a G-10 form. You must reapply for all other financial aid, including student loans, at your new school.