This program is designed to increase the effectiveness of industry professionals and industrial arts teachers in their professional service area by allowing specialization in two of three areas of interest, as follows:
- Teaching: emphasizes advanced subject matter content.
- Technical: emphasizes advanced subject matter preparation.
- Supervision: emphasizes industrial supervision.
- Dr. Keith Mew
- PHONE (323) 343-4450
- Website: http://web.calstatela.edu/academic/ecst/tech/ma-ints/
The Winter Quarter 2015 application period to apply to the MA INTS program via CSUMentor.com is June 1st to June 30th, 2014. Apply no later than June 30th, 2014.
In addition to University requirements for admission to graduate study, applicants must have a baccalaureate in a related field with combined course work and industrial experience acceptable to the department.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A DEGREE (45 UNITS)
A total of 45 units is required, with at least 23 in 500-level courses.
REQUIRED COURSES (13 UNITS)
- TECH 485 - History, Philosophy, and Organization of Industrial Education (3)
- TECH 487 - Seminar: Comprehensive Career Education for Industrial Studies and Vocational Education (3)
- TECH 502 - Modern Industry (3)
- EDFN 500 - Evaluation of Educational Research (4)
AREAS OF INTEREST (20-24 UNITS)
Select two of the following areas and complete 10-12 units in each:
TECHNICAL (10-12 UNITS)
With adviser approval, complete 10–12 units in 400-level TECH courses; TECH 598 may be included for 3–6 units.
SUPERVISION (10-12 UNITS)
With adviser approval, complete TECH 486 (3 units), TECH 505 (4 units), and 3–5 units of technology, business, or education courses to total 10–12 units; may include second enrollment in TECH 486.
(select 3–7 units in technology and related fields with adviser approval)
THESIS OR PROJECT (5 UNITS)