If you still have questions after reading the following information, and accessing the web pages, please feel free to email or call the department to request a faculty advisor to respond to specific questions. Please note the Coordinated Program (CP) is on inactive status and the Didactic Program (DPD) is not accepting applications through the MS program.
Graduate degree applicants must meet the university requirements for admission, which include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. To be admitted into the Master of Science degree program in Nutritional Science, applicants must also meet the following:
1. Apply to the University to be eligible for Fall Semester entry; admission is limited to Fall
2. Grade point average of at least 3.0 in last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) attempted.
3. Two letters of recommendation. Letter of professional and research goals.
4. Submission of G.R.E. (completed within the past five years) with recommended minimum scores of: Verbal 400 (146 on new test); Quantitative 500 (144 on new test); and Analytical Writing- 3.5.
5. Completion of the following prerequisites. Students who have a verification statement or are Registered Dietitian Nutritionists do not need to satisfy the following prerequisites.
Below is information about the Application Process.
Apply to Cal State LA. Cal State Apply https://www2.calstate.edu/apply
Information about how to apply can be found at the Graduate Admissions website. http://www.calstatela.edu/admissions/graduate-application-and-admission
The university will need a number of documents, including your official transcripts and GRE scores. Please note- GRE scores are waived for admission to Fall 2021 MS program.