Administration Building, Room 606
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone (323) 343-3040 | Fax (323) 343-3662
“The dynamics of any diverse community depends not only on the diversity itself but on promoting a sense of belonging among those who formerly would have been considered and felt themselves outsiders.”
My Beloved World, Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor, 2013.
The Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (OEDI) is committed to creating and maintaining a study and work environment for individuals that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and promoting equality of opportunity and respect for all by:
- Removing barriers to employment and education;
- Developing policies and procedures that promote equality, inclusion and respect;
- Educating the campus community on subjects of unlawful harassment, discrimination, retaliation, Title IX and diversity;
- Providing students, faculty and staff with information of their rights to file a complaint and providing an avenue to promptly address complaints of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
- Collaborating with Student Affairs, Athletics, Academic Affairs and Public Safety to promote gender equity and Title IX compliance including on issues of secual misconduct, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
- Broadening pathways for access and success to our diverse community; and
- Promoting acceptance, understanding and advocacy for the issues and needs of the underrepresented members of the University.
Diversity at Cal State LA is more than a demographic study with positive results. The OEDI attempts to transcend coexistence and celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity within each unique individual in our campus.
Annual Notification of Campus Statement of Nondiscrimination, Systemwide Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, Sexual Misconduct, Dating and Domestic Violence and Stalking against Employees and Third Parties and Systemwide Procedure for Addressing Such Complaints by Employees and Third Parties (Executive Order 1096), Policy Regarding Consensual Relationships between Employees or Employees and Students, and Statement of Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Cal State LA adopts California State University's (CSU) policies and procedures as specified, whenever applicable.
Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Title IX Coordinator
Adriana Machuca Parra