Congratulations on your new laptop! Please follow the appropriate steps depending on the operating system of your device (Windows or macOS).
PC Laptop (Autopilot Enrolled)
Please follow the steps below before you start to use device. Plug-in the charger and power on your Windows laptop.
Step 1: Complete the Initial Setup
- Region: United States
- Keyboard Layout: US
- The next screen will ask you to add a second keyboard layout. If you don't want this, click on Skip.
- Let's connect you to a network: Connect to your network.
- Welcome to Cal State LA: Log in using Cal State LA email address and password.
- The device will go through setup process. This could take a while and the device may reboot. Allow the computer to finish.
- Once the computer has finished setup process, it will be ready to use.
- Microsoft Office 365 is preinstalled but will be available in the Company Portal for upgrade or additional features.
Software Available for Installation via Company Portal
Applications can be downloaded using Company Portal App. The applications can be reinstalled via Company Portal at any time.
Note: You must be connected to the Internet to perform the procedure. Installation time will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the network hardware on your Windows laptop.
Step 2: How to use Company Portal
- Type "Company Portal" in the search bar in located in the lower-left corner of Windows desktop.
- Choose the best category: Loaner-Employee
- Applications available in Company Portal:
- AdobeCC Self Service
- ABBYY FineReader PDF 15
- Camtasia 2020
- GlobalProtect VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- IBM SPSS Amos 27
- IBM SPSS Statistics 27
- Microsoft Office 365
- Snagit 2020
Please follow the steps below before you start to use device. Plug-in the charger and power on your macOS device.
Step 1: Complete Setup Assistant
- Select Your Country or Region: Choose a country to set the language and time zone for your Mac.
- Select Wi-Fi Network: Connect to your network. Enter password, if necessary.
- Remote Management: The following screen will appear. Click Continue.
- Create a Computer Account: IMPORTANT! WAIT 5 MINUTES before creating a computer account. After waiting 5 minutes, create a computer account and click Continue.
- Setup Assistant will finish setting up your Mac.
- Your Mac is now ready to use.
Software Available for Installation via Self Service
Updates on campus Macs are now done using the Self Service App located in the Mac OS Applications folder. The applications can be reinstalled via Self Service at any time.
Note: You must be connected to the Internet to perform the procedure. Installation time will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the network hardware on your Mac.
Step 2: How to use Self Service
- Launch the Self Service app in the Applications folder.
- Login to Information Technology Services using your CalStateLA ID (myuserID).
- Click Install for every application you want to install.
- Adobe CC 2021 suite (System Requirement: MacOS 10.11 and above)
- Adobe CC 2021 individual app (System Requirement: MacOS 10.11 and above)
- Acrobat DC
- Lightroom Classic
- Media Encoder
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- MATLAB R2019a (System Requirement: MacOS 10.12 and above)
- Office 2019 (System Requirement: MacOS 10.12 and above)
- SPSS 27 (System Requirement: MacOS 10.10 and above)
- TechSmith (Camtasia 2020, Snagit 2020)
- Web Browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome)
- Global Protect – VPN Client
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Teams
- Zoom Meeting Client