- Ingenta [formerly CARL UnCover]
- SUBJECTS: Large database covering most academic and popular journals in all subjects
Unrestricted -- a public domain database
- As a public domain database, Ingenta.com gives users:
- free access to the article summaries of over 20,000 publications, and
- on a individual user, pay-per-view basis, access to the full-text of over 4,500 publications from 150 publishers.
- NOTE: In late Spring 2001, CARL UnCover merged with Ingenta. On 1 July 2001, CSLA stopped subscribing to the subscription version. As a result, CARL Reveal Research Alerts are no longer available. However, another similar free service is available from INFOTRIEVE TOC Alerts. INFOTRIEVE is a fee-based, journal article delivery service. Before paying for a journal article to be delivered to you, we suggest that you:
- 1st -- Check the Library Catalog - Periodicals Finding List to see if the CSULA Library holds the journal (either in print or online) in which the article you want is located.
- 2nd-- Use our CSULA Interlibrary Loanservice and let us retieve the article for you, free-of-charge, from another library.