Library Book Renewal Instructions
Possible conditions preventing renewal
- STEP 1: First, read all three steps below, then click this link:
- STEP 2: The system will prompt you for your name and barcode number. Your barcode number is the 14 digit number below the barcode on the back (magnetic stripe side) of your Golden Eagle One Card. Do NOT type any spaces. For example:
Sample Barcode: 25029000173047
- STEP 3: Next, follow the instruction on the screen for renewing
items. The system will evaluate each item you select to determine
whether it can be renewed. If renewal is allowed, the item will be
marked "RENEWED" and then the due date will be changed accordingly.
Otherwise, the reason the item cannot be renewed is displayed. See
the table below for information concerning possible conditions
which might prevent a renewal.
- Note the NEW DUE DATE of the item that was renewed!
- Note that any charges or billing incurred during Do-It-Yourself
Renewals is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
To avoid fines or fees, be sure to read every message on the screen
You may not renew an item if the item is overdue, if it has reached the
maximum number of renewals, if there are holds on the item, if it is too
soon to renew the item, or if the loan rule specifies that the item cannot
be renewed at all.
|TOO SOON TO RENEW
||Loan rule determines when during the loan period an item is eligible to be renewed. For 4-week loans, this is within 7 days of the due date.|
|TOO MANY RENEWALS
||Loan rule specifies a maximum number of renewals allowed for an item. For 4-week loans, this is two (2) renewals.|
|ON HOLD (xx HOLDS)
||Another patron has placed a hold on the item. Usually a recall notice has been issued.|
|ITEM IS OVERDUE
||Overdue items, including billed items, cannot be renewed in the self-renew function.|
|ITEM CANNOT BE RENEWED
||Loan rule does not allow renewals.|