- Borrowing Privileges
- CSLA staff members are entitled to borrow most books for 28
calendar days from the date the books are charged. A maximum
of 30 books may be checked out at one time. Periodical issues
and bound volumes do not circulate. Books may be renewed in
person at the Circulation Desk, First Floor, Library North, or on the OPAC, for an additional 28 calendar days. Books may be renewed
a total of two times.
- Books are subject ro recall fourteen days after checkout.
Books must be returned within seven days if recalled for another
user. All staff are expected to honor the shorter loan periods
specified for some books, such as those on reserve that contain
assigned reading for students.
- Staff members may arrange for borrowing privileges at other
CSU libraries. Staff are required to honor the loan policies
of the lending institutions. Use this link to access
local libraries, as well as to learn more about CSU mutual
- Materials not owned by the Library are usually available from
other libraries. Current staff of CSULA are eligible for CSULA
InterLibrary Loan services. You will need your Golden Eagle
one card to pick up all requests at the Circulation desk and to
make a Pharos request.
You may make Requests in three ways:
- Use Pharos ILL to automatically request materials.
See this guide to
Direct Borrowing and Interlibrary Loan using the Pharos
CSU Catalog for more information.
- Submit an ILL request online. See this guide to
Interlibrary Loan for more information.
- Obtain ILL request forms at the Reference Center Desk.
Complete one card for each book or article needed and submit
the forms at the Reference Center.
- Materials may be picked up at the Circulation Desk. It usually takes
an average of 3 to 10 working days to fulfill interlibrary loan
- Materials borrowed by the Library on behalf of staff via Interlibrary
Loan must be returned to the Circulation Desk by the date due.
- Photocopies will be mailed to staff members at their campus
mail addresses. Materials that are provided to staff in the
form of photocopies do not need to be returned.
Articles in electronic format will
be delivered via email attachments and they can be retrieved
from your NIS email account.
For faculty and staff:
- Online Database
- The Library subscribes to more than 120 databases and systems
available for End-User Online Searching by staff. Many of these
systems have licensing agreements which restrict their use.
Most databases are available in the Library and in the campus
computer labs. Some databases may be searched remotely from
home through the campus network.
- Reference Services
- Reference librarians are available at the Reference Center, First Floor, Library North, during the following hours (subject to change during breaks and Summer Quarter):
Monday through Thursday 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Reference College Services and Department Liaison Librarians are also available by appointment for consultation regarding class assignments and general reference and referral.