Zoom is a tool used to meet virtually online with your group members or instructor. You can host your own meeting or join other meetings across many devices. The most important feature about Zoom is that students can be participants or hosts. Zoom can be used for lectures, presentations, group student work, or online office hours, just by sharing your meeting room link.
How to Host a Meeting
- Navigate to calstatela.zoom.us
- Click on "Sign In" on the top right of the screen.
- Use your Cal State L.A. credentials to sign in.
- You will be taken to a page displaying your Zoom profile; click on the "Host A Meeting" button on the top right of the screen.
- Choose a meeting type; "With Video Off" or "With Video On."
- Zoom will launch automatically after your selection. If this is your first time logging in, you will be prompted to download and run the Zoom app. The meeting will launch automatically after app installation.
- You will be asked to choose an audio conference option for the meeting. The options are to participate through computer audio or through a phone call.
- You can invite others to join the meeting using the "Invite" option at the bottom of the meeting screen once the meeting has started.
The Zoom Help Center offers helpful guides on getting started:
For additional support, contact the Cal State LA ITS Help Desk.