Visit Health Watch for COVID-19 updates. Find Employee Return to Campus and Student Return to Campus information.
Emergency Notification

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can international students take Open University classes and get an I-20?
An international student can take Open University classes, but only if a current I-20 has been issued by another college or university. I-20s are not eligible to be issued with an enrollment via Open University. The normal rules for Open University registration apply (get instructor's signature and department approval stamp for each class).

2. How do I audit Open University courses?
Obtain approval in the Enrollment Services Center for (PaGE), University Student Union, Room 105, before paying fees and no later than the add deadline of any term. Regular attendance is expected, but auditors are not permitted to complete assignments or take examinations.

3. How do I take a traditional graded course for credit/non-credit?  
Fill out the "Request for Nontraditional Grading" form at the Enrollment Services Center for (PaGE), University Student Union, Room 105. Next, get approval from Cal State LA's Office of Enrollment Services at Administration 409. Then pay your fees at the Cashier's Office at Administration 128. Class attendance and participation in exams are required.