To become a member of the California State University, Los Angeles Chapter of S.A.L.U.T.E., the student veteran must provide the following:
- A DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) with an Honorable Discharge or a copy of current active military orders. Submit this to a SALUTE OFFICER for review only. Do not submit this to VRC Staff
- Completed 12 semester hours of undergraduate work and will be broken into tier levels based on their cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Graduate students need to have completed 9 credit hours, have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA and will be classified as “SALUTE Gold Members”.
- A cash, money order or cashier's check for $30. This application fee covers charges for the cord, certificate, challenge coin and Induction Ceremony. WE NO LONGER TAKE PERSONAL CHECKS.
GPA Requirements and Tiers are as follows:
- Alpha Tier GPA: 3.75 - 4.00
- Bravo Tier GPA: 3.50 - 3.74
- Charlie Tier GPA: 3.25 - 3.49
- Delta Tier GPA: 3.00 - 3.24
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact the Cal State L.A. Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.