Extended Education CSULA

Eligibility Requirements

Enrollment is on a space-available basis with the consent of the instructor and the academic department. Up to 36 credits earned through Open University may be applied to a bachelor's degree and up to 13 credits toward a master's degree and/or credential program with department pre-approval. Students may take up to 18 credits per quarter, but they may not enroll in directed or independent study, research, thesis, field work, cooperative education courses, or courses with the suffix R. Students planning to enroll in graduate courses (500-level) must obtain a memo from the appropriate department chair authorizing the enrollment and submit it to the College of Extended Studies and International Programs (CESIP) Welcome Center, University-Student Union, Room 105.

Matriculated students (students who have been formally admitted to the university) must be on inactive status for at least two quarters before they may attend Open University. This requirement applies to disqualified, out-of-state, international, and resident students.

Finally, Open University students must comply with university and department regulations regarding prerequisites, withdrawals, grading, and student conduct.

Can international students take Open University classes and get an I-20?
An international student can take Open University classes, but he/she may not obtain an I-20. The normal rules for Open University registration apply (get instructor's signature and dept. approval stamp for each class).

Regular Office Hours:

Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

(323) 343-4900