Cal State LA’s Fundamental Engineer/Engineer-In-Training (FE/EIT) test prep review course prepares the candidate for the FE examination with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). The 60-hour review classes are held on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the winter and summer.
Who Should Enroll?
The FE/EIT course is for qualified applicants who must register and pay for the FE examination through NCEES. Applicants must complete three years or more of postsecondary engineering education, and three years or more of engineering experience (e.g., work of any nature with an engineering exposure, such as with a consulting engineering firm, a construction contractor, CALTRANS, the engineering division of a public utility, etc.), or a combination of postsecondary engineering education and experience in engineering totaling three years. University students in the 3rd quarter or the 2nd semester of their junior year qualify for certification.
- Nature of EIT
- EIT Exam Format
- Advanced Mathematics
- Probability and Statistics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Electric Circuits
- Heat Transfer with Thermodynamics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Economics
Course topics are subject to change.
Saturdays, July 9 to September 17, 2022 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Download/print the FE/EIT schedule here.
Registration and Fees
- Stephen F. Felszeghy, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Emeritus, Cal State LA
- Young C. Kim, Ph.D. P.E., Professor of Civil Engineering, Emeritus, Cal State LA
- Arturo Pacheco-Vega, Ph.D., P.E. Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Cal State LA
- Adel A. Sharif, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Cal State LA
- Lili Tabrizi, Ph.D., Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cal State LA
Young C. Kim, Course Coordinator
California State University, Los Angeles
Applications and Examinations Resources
For more information on the applications and examinations contact:
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
280 Seneca Creek Road
Seneca, SC 29678
Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95833-2944
For more information, please contact the College of Professional and Global Education via email or (323) 343-4915.