It is the responsibility of all drivers to know and understand the University parking rules and regulations. Parking regulations are enforced 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Please obey all posted signs and/or curb markings.
- Vehicles must obey all posted signage.
- All vehicles parked on campus must have a valid Cal State LA parking permit registered to the license plate number.
- Only Faculty and Staff Permits from other CSU campuses will be honored. A Concurrent Parking Form should be completed and submitted to the campus where the permit was purchased.
- Disabled parking requires a current Cal State LA parking permit and a valid DMV disabled placard at all times.
- Daily parking permits are available for purchase through dispensing machines located in student lots and PayByPhone.
- A valid permit is required on the FIRST day of each term.
- Purchase of a parking permit does NOT guarantee a parking space at any given time on campus.
- Cal State LA facilities are not intended for use as storage. The University reserves the right to remove and impound abandoned vehicles at the owner’s expense.
- The University hereby declares itself not responsible for and assumes no liability arising from, fire, theft, vehicles left for multiple days, damage to or loss of the vehicle, or any items left therein.
- No bailment for the University is created with the purchase of a permit to park.
- Parking Permits are not transferable.
- Parking Permits can be revoked for misuse.
- For parking refunds, please see the Refund and Exchange Policy on the Parking Permits Page
- If you bring a different vehicle than the one registered to your permit, you may set a temporary vehicle by logging into calstatela.aimsparking.com.
- All parking permits must be linked to the correct license plate number.
- Failure to register the plate number or the correct plate number may be a plausible cause for citation.
- Vehicles parked in unauthorized parking areas/zones are subject to citation and/or tow-away.
- Overnight parking of vehicles on University property is prohibited, with exception of University Housing Residents parked in the designated residential areas with a Residential Parking permit or with permission from the University Police. Vehicles in violation of this section may be cited and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
- Overnight parking for eligible commuters is allowed with prior approval from Parking Services, (323) 343-6118.
- Vehicles must park "Head-in" in Parking Structure C and Lot 10.
- Per Adm Procedure 402,7.3.4. the University may remove an abandoned vehicle, any vehicle parked in such a way as to constitute a traffic hazard, and vehicles illegally parked. Vehicles with five (5) or more unpaid parking citations are subject to impound (towing) under California Vehicle Code sections 22651.3(b) and 22651.7. The owner will be responsible for the costs involved in removing and storing of such vehicles.
Students living on-campus who wish to bring a vehicle must purchase a Resident Parking Permit.
First-time freshmen are not eligible for parking permits as they are not permitted to bring a vehicle to campus. To review our policies please visit our Housing Resident Parking Page.
Housing Resident Parking Permits are only valid for parking in the north section of Lot 5 and Paseo Rancho Castilla East of Mariondale Ave. to Hellman Bridge only. Residential Permits are not valid in student lots.
Housing residency must be confirmed by Housing and Residence Life prior to purchasing a Residential Permit online at calstatela.aimsparking.com.
Overnight parking for resident guests is allowed in Lot 5 with a valid parking permit obtained from the parking pay stations in that lot.
All the above information is subject to change without further notice.
For more parking and transportation information and updates, like us on Facebook