The Procurement Contracts and Support Services department provides quality, timely contracting and procurement support to the campus community in obtaining goods and services necessary to accomplish the University's mission utilizing professional contracting and purchasing practices. Procurement Contracts and Support Services actively participates in the development of partnerships and fosters open communication to facilitate the mission and goals of the university. Shipping and Receiving is dedicated to providing high level of customer service in the receipt and shipment of goods.
Accomplishments and Statistics
- Handles more than 5,000 purchase orders and contracts per year.
- Met Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise goals nine out of 10 years and Small Business goals two years in a row. Cal State L.A. is the top school in the CSU system.
- Conducted one of the first reverse auctions in the system, saving the campus more than $700,000 on copier costs.
- Conducted a reverse auction for waste hauling. Combined all removal services on campus into one. The award was to a Small Business and a MRF (Material Recovery Facilities). Additionally, the campus saved approximately 50 percent.
- Received and Distributed 92,000 packages in FY11/12.
- Managed the Totes program, which saves more than three tons of trees a year plus other expenses in the manufacture of cardboard.
- Printed and coordinated the installation of more than 100 street banners around campus within a two-week deadline.
- An equipment upgrade in 2011-12 allowed the Printing Center to provide immediate and affordable printing solutions to all faculty and staff, in a cleaner and non-toxic environment.
- Completed an installation of 32 custom acrylic framed posters for the Division of Student Affairs.
- Upgraded from a windows- based ordering system to a web- based, allowing customers around campus to submit orders online.
- Printed all 2011-12 commencement materials, including signs, banners, brochures and flyers.
- Engaged in a partnership with CSU Los Angeles, Barnes and Noble to produce all course packs material for them.
- Installed Hasler Meter Machines and tabletop Inserter.
- Converted to Postal Accountant billing software.